Sunday, January 29, 2012

Untitled (#96)

Source here. Originally recorded on February 20th, 1998.

I kind of like the unlabeled ones. There's a complete lack of setup, and so it makes for a kind of choose your own adventure listening. It's also clearly a choose your own adventure creation, as the lack of an overarching theme allows for anything to be explored.
  1. Buzzing of various kinds
  2. Gentle guitar, ungentle background
  3. Violins and Turntablism
  4. "You're Lumpiest"
  5. Grinding voices
  6. Orbital mechanics
  7. "So Upset"
  8. Sonic Chisel
  9. At some point, we dropped a beat
  10. Television, Movies, Comics
  11. Ambient Chill Out Kinko's
  12. Scraping out the crates
  13. Surf guitar AI
Added by Ian F-R: This show includes a record, "Sleepy Eyes" by Simeon, near the beginning (the "gentle guitar" as well as crunchy guitar soon after). I knew Simeon from my job at the time screen-printing t-shirts.

It also sounds like we did that thing I like a lot, where I transfer an older show to a tape reel and then we send it through FX. I enjoy the swooping crunches near the center of the show's timeline.