Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Uncharted Waters (#37)

Source here. Originally recorded on January 11, 1997.

Yes, I know, I'm late this week. I plead vacation, and then vacation recovery, and then vacation recovery recovery, for the delay. My body was in revolt (and revolting it was), due to the medley of maladies I visited upon it.

Enough about me, this is about you. This track begins like a maelstrom across a tundra of metal garbage, and the title suggests a journey with unknown destination. After listening to it twice and then three times, I'm still not exactly sure what kind of trip it is (man). Time and distance are compressed and expanded at whim, and sense of place is nebulous at best.

Draw your own conclusions.
  1. The Howling Abyss
  2. It Was the Beat that Drove them On
  3. Martin Denny is not good for a Hangover
  4. The Dogs did not Approve
  5. Leviathan: 1; Musical Theater: 0
  6. Four Documentaries and a Parade
  7. Seeing-Eye Lion
  8. Cafeteria on Fire
  9. Wait, what kind of Mushroom?
  10. No Parking in the White Zone
  11. Theme from a Parisian Picnic
  12. Distant Techno
  13. Wunnerful Wunnerful