Sunday, October 17, 2010

Acoustic Sound (#92)

Source here. Originally recorded on January 22, 1998.

This one is mislabeled as (#22). Since I pulled these off of tapes in more or less random order, the inconsistencies didn't stick out as much as they do when I'm parsing through them in chronological order. I make changes where I can, but I haven't re-uploaded the changes, so you'll have to suffer through the occasional misstep. If you're reading this in the year 4000, I've probably made the changes before I died, or left instructions in my will about doing so.

My coffeemaker broke this morning, which isn't an issue for me so much as it is for my partner (who as near as I can tell simply doesn't exist before the first cup). I could link this to the show, which always served to perk me up, but the truth of the matter lies in the previous phrase. Collage is made of everything, and can be made into anything.

This anything features long long long stretches of record manipulation, medium to spare record layering, and nice looping. This compressed astonishingly well.
  1. Psychedelic Punk Hayride
  2. Queasy Hippie Merry Go Round
  3. Metropolis Dub
  4. Polyrhythmic Bhangra Dub
  5. Squishy Analog Sound Effect Storytime
  6. Transit Station for Headless Horsemen
  7. Kitchen Tantrums of Distinction
  8. Endless Disco Break
  9. Not a Banjo Solo at All
  10. I Meant Something Different When I Asked For "Electronic Music"
  11. Let's Have Some Dope Beats
  12. Ok, More Dope Beats
  13. Sudden Silence