Sunday, January 10, 2010

Excerpts #6

I just got through a three-day festival (festival? At what point does a series of days of music become a "festival", does it have to do with the number of bands, or days, or both? More research must be done on this) of bands covering other bands, so my perception is rather skewed at the moment. Also I'm tired.

Carry on! This tape was made on 6/14/1996. Also labeled "Excerpts", and while there is no clear theme, I do not consider that to be a detriment. Podcast appears to be working, original source also here.
  1. Grateful Dead Industrial Deconstruction
  2. Free Jazz with Turntable Manipulation
  3. No, I really am a Truck
  4. Alvin has trouble with obstinate cellists.
  5. Lock groove groove.
  6. Music from the ominous part.
  7. 80's hip hop diversion.
  8. Chuckles and Cowbells
  9. Vincent Price: Poetry Fan
  10. Swing, interrupted.
  11. Wings, fixed and flapping.
  12. We are not turntablists.
  13. We can't stop the 80's; somebody help us.


Added by Ian F-R:
Link to this show's flowsheet. From this one you can get a sense of my musical tastes at the time: noisy, electronic, and varied (Murphy's Law? Shamen? Anthony Braxton?).