Sunday, January 17, 2010

Excerpts #7

I just got the last stash of tapes this week. I've yet to sort through them, of course, but the latent archivist in me is pleased. I can catalog them all and store them away, maybe burn them all to DVD or store them on a spare hard drive? The possibilities are endless.

The winter season brings a regular heating and cooling cycle to my house, and the differences in air pressure that occur around 66 degrees (I am a cheap bastard), are enough to make a metal tin somewhere in my home office "ping" as the lid flexes back and forth. I don't know which tin, or where it is, mainly because I like the sound and the reason so much that I'm loathe to disturb it.

This tape was recorded in 1996 on June 21st. I only just now realized that I had thirteen description points in the last two entries (really, just now), so I may just keep going with that. Original source here, though the podcast seems to work so maybe that's redundant.

  1. Jim was a great sportsman.
  2. High speed metal bit. Japanese design.
  3. A Western Tale.
  4. No. Yeah. Whoa. Yes.
  5. Push instead of Drag. Some Silence.
  6. Space Grind. Space Throb.
  7. A Real Country Song.
  8. Disco Loop.
  9. Electro-Swing with scattered indigestible crunchy bits.
  10. Ding Dong.
  11. Disassembly is the reverse of these steps.
  12. Film Noir.
  13. Techno outro.


Added by IanF-R:
Link to this show's flowsheet.